Friday 20 July 2012

Inactivity and Reactivity!

Woah, I've not been on here for a long while! (Honestly I got attached to Tumblr)

I've given up on my entry for the 64 Digits RPG competition since I have nothing to show and there's only ten days left, so yeah. No chance.
There have been too many irl issues which made it hard to continue working, anyhow, let's look at the bright side now, eh? :)

 I'm working on a new project with the goal of making it a commercial game, so far I have a few plans jotted out on paper with plenty of things still whizzing around in my head.
The goal of the game is to make it as customisable as possible, not a sandbox game like Minecraft though.
Of course it's going to be a RPG game but not as much story-driven like JRPG games although it will be based on the JRPG style. Heck, most of my games follow that sort of base albeit never getting released.

I suppose this will be a combination of JRPG and WRPG themes.

On another note, I really should focus on developing a battle engine I can reuse across multiple games. I find myself making a fresh one for each game and they don't exactly get done within a week.
That would cut my developing time down drastically for future projects that use the same idea.

Might build my own extension for the sake of making life easier and will probably release it to the public too. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment